Coastal and Fishing Scene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No10 petition

Go down

No10 petition Empty No10 petition

Post by Dazzer Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Charlie Mcbride Arcane An appeal to reason
I have recieved this E-mail from a friend in Kilkeel.

"My friend Charlie Mc Bride and his son Charles Mc Bride, owners of the Kilkeel based trawler ARCANE, which figured in the BBC series "Trawler men" have been jailed last Friday for a period of 3 months by Liverpool Crown Court because they could not raise the money from the banks to pay a fine of £350 000. Since Friday, Karen Mc Bride has no news from her husband and they are not allowed to communicate. She is left to manage the crew and vessel which is in Scotland on her own. This is how the fishermen are treated like criminals, and the press is not interested in fishermen stories. Can we organise a petition to Release the Fishermen from Prison. (We don't see bank manager going to prison!) "End of Message

I know in these hard times it is quiet literally every man for himself but this is too far. Could some of our UK Members please send emails etc to various MPs, MSPs, members of Assemblies and other people with clout setting out the stupidity not to mention cost of such an action in these times.

All the Best William Power

Petition on the No10 website is here

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FishermenPOCA/ Neutral Mad
Dazzer
Dazzer

Number of posts : 1
Flag : No10 petition Sidebar-feed-VIP
Moods : No10 petition Buzzed
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum